Spring has been slow in coming where we live. It was a gruelingly long winter here in Northeast Ohio. It was beginning to feel like Narnia, cursed with a perpetual winter time.
There have been plenty of teases, like near 80 degrees one day followed by a snow fall the next. For real! Can you believe that?
In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours. ~ Mark Twain
The truth is that Spring HAS come! We are finally seeing it, and we are loving it!
With this new season comes new opportunities to date your spouse. Here are 10 spring date ideas for you to consider as the weather warms and the new season takes hold.
1. Visit a botanical garden. We did this last year. It was not actually for a date, but for a group event. Yet we stole away and were able to enjoy the garden together. We’d like to go again.
2. Go horseback riding. This is one we did for the first time last year. It is a lot of fun and we will do it again this year.
3. Get some outdoor exercise together. Bike, walk or run outside in a park or even in your neighborhood.
4. Play Mini golf (or Put-put). Hit the ice-cream parlor too. They are often right next door to each other.
5. Plan a Picnic. You could go to the beach, a park, a rooftop or even your backyard.
6. Visit the local zoo. Check the zoo’s website for special deals. In our county, local residents can go for free on Mondays.
7. Check out a farmers market. Not sure where to go? Visit Local Harvest’s Farmers’ Market page. You can search for markets in or near your town.
8. Go to a baseball game. With 3 minutes of breathtaking action packed into a 3 hour game, well, there will be plenty of time to enjoy your spouse’s company.
9. Fly a kite. Plan ahead and you can tag this on to number 5.
10. Stargaze. Stargazing is a simple and effective way to stir fresh romance with your spouse. For more on that see our post Find Fresh Romance in the Sky.
Bonus budget tip: Be sure to check Groupon, Living Social or Travel Zoo for local specials. You may find good deals for ideas number 1, 2, 4, 6 & 8.
Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love! ~ Sitting Bull
How are you planning to enjoy this spring with your spouse?
You can leave a comment below. We would love to hear your ideas too!