Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. – Dalai Lama
Compliment Your Mirror Day
- Write a complimentary note to your spouse and put it on the mirror for him or her to find.
On this day in 1890 Idaho became the 43rd state of the United States
- You don’t need to live in Idaho to be inspired in your date planning by these Top 40 Southern Idaho Summer Date Ideas.
Independence Day (USA)
- Try one of these 10 Fun Date Ideas for the Fourth of July.
National Country Music Day
- Go to a country music concert together. Or, take a listen together to these Most Romantic Country Music Songs.
Bikini day – on this day in 1946 the Bikini was first introduced
- Forget the bikini. Make plans to go somewhere private and go skinny dipping together.
On this day in 1865 the Salvation Army was founded
- Volunteer somewhere together – a nursing home, a soup kitchen, clean up litter from a park or along your street. Pray a simple prayer of thanks together.
- Go thrift shopping together. Pick a spending limit (like $5 each) and see what crazy gift(s) you can put together for your sweetheart.
National Fried Chicken Day
- Go out to eat fried chicken together.
On this day in 1935 the Dalai Lama was born
- Regardless of your religion (or lack of it) you can be inspired by these 10 Faith-Filled Date Ideas.
Strawberry Sundae Day
- Go out for ice cream and enjoy a Strawberry Sundae together to celebrate this holiday.
On this day in 1852 Sherlock Holmes’ sidekick, Dr. Watson, was born
- Agree to plan some Mystery Dates, where each partner plans a date without the other one knowing what they’re going to be doing. Here are 101 Mystery Date Ideas to help.
Cow Appreciation Day
- Take a trip to farm country and find a spot where you can take a photo of yourselves with a cow somewhere in the picture.
On this day in 1951 Paris celebrated its 2,000th birthday
- Let these 22 Great Paris Date Ideas inspire your date planning.
National Sugar Cookie Day
- Bake some sugar cookies together.
On this day in 1877 the Wimbledon tennis tournament began for the first time
- Pull out the tennis rackets and head to the court to play tennis together.