What are you planning for you and your spouse? Here are some calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your planning. Share your plans in the comments and spread the #dateideas!
Valentine’s Day & World Marriage Day
Check this list of 50 Hot Valentine’s Day Date Night Ideas from the Nest.
Ferris Wheel Day
- Ride a Ferris wheel together.
International Book Giving Day
- Get your spouse a new book.
On this day in 1903 the first Teddy bear goes on sale
- Surprise your spouse with a Teddy bear.
On this day in 1975 The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour debuted on CBS-TV.
- Listen to Sonny and Cher’s song, I Got You Babe. Share a line with your spouse in a note or text message. Better yet sing it!
Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Try doing one of the ideas from this list from Engaged Marriage: 74 Simple Things You Can Do To Brighten Your Spouse’s Day.
Try to use the word “kind” instead of the word “nice.”
For some, the words might be interchangeable. But for me, it helps to make a distinction.
- Niceness stays quiet. Kindness speaks up.
- Niceness is toxic. Kindness is healing.
- Niceness lies to keep the peace. Kindness knows the only way to make peace is to tell the truth.
- Niceness holds back. Kindness moves forward with humility, gentleness and grace.
Ice Cream for Breakfast Day
- Get your spouse’s favorite ice cream and surprise him/her with it in the morning. BONUS: Write notes and send your sweetie on a simple scavenger hunt to find your gift! (Works best for morning people. If your spouse is not a morning person, feel free to adjust your timing accordingly.)
On this day in 1473 Copernicus, the father of modern Astronomy, was born
- Make plans to go stargazing together. Follow the helpful tips found here: Find Fresh Romance in the Sky.
Love Your Pet Day
- Try one of these: 10 Date Ideas That Honor a Shared Love for Animals and the Earth.