Here are some calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning.
Floral Design Day
- Do something creative with flowers for your spouse. Make your own arrangement – use real, dried or even fake flowers. Or, you could try your hand at drawing a beautiful bouquet.
Leap Year Day
- Plan a date that requires you to leap. For example: bungee jumping, sky diving, cliff jumping, repelling or ziplining.
World Compliment Day
- Make a list of 10 things you like about your spouse. Share it with him/her. Use these helpful gender-specific tips: The Best Ways to Compliment Your Husband and Wife
On this day in 1961 President Kennedy established the Peace Corps
- Use this list of 366 Community Service Ideas and plan a volunteer date together.
On this day in 1692 Salem Witch Hunt begins
- Why wait for Halloween to go out together for a creepy date? Check out these 21 Spooky Date Ideas.
Old Stuff Day
- Visit a junk shop, flea market or antique store together. Buy something vintage, maybe even something to refurbish and make a project of it.
On this day in 1904 Dr Seuss was born
- Check out the Dating Divas ultimate roundup of 101 Ways to Celebrate Dr Seuss Birthday. Most are geared toward kids, but heck there is a kid in all of us so enjoy!
Mulled Wine Day
- Come home after a chilly evening walk with your spouse and enjoy some mulled wine together.
National Day of Unplugging
- Do a digital detox together and totally unplug from your electronics for 24 hours.
On this day in 1963 the Hula-Hoop was patented
- Do something together that you enjoyed as a kid: enter a hula-hoop contest, join a kick-ball league, go roller skating at a local roller rink.