What are you planning for you and your spouse? Here are some calendar based date ideas to help inspire your planning. Share your plans in the comments and spread the #dateideas!
- Go see a local ballet performance
Send a Card to a Friend Day
- Get or make a nice card for your spouse. Send it through the mail for them to get as a surprise.
Kite Flying Day
- Make or buy a kite. Go fly it together.
- Plan to go see an opera with your spouse.
On this day in 1964 America first met the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show. One of the songs they sang was “I want to hold your hand”
- Take your spouse by the hand and share how you feel about him/her. Sing the song if you dare.
- Take a walk in the rain under an umbrella. Or share some lyrics with your spouse from Rihanna’s song, Umbrella.
On this day in 1990 Underdog Buster Douglas knocks out Mike Tyson
- Go to a boxing match together
On this day in 1924 Rhapsody In Blue, by George Gershwin, was performed for first
- Go to the orchestra together.
Tortellini Day – Legend has it that a tavern-keeper in Bologna glimpsed the goddess Venus’ navel while spying on her through a keyhole, prompting him to immediately reproduce vision in pasta, thus inventing tortellini. This legend is also why their alternative name is “belly button” (ombelico).1
- Learn how to make homemade tortellini together.