Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
“Love will find a way through paths were wolves fear to prey.” Lord Byron
National Loving Day – On this day in 1967 the Supreme Court of America ruled to disband all laws that made mixed race marriages illegal
- Spin a globe so your finger lands on a random country. Go to a restaurant that serves the kind of food eaten in that country. Get online and learn what kind of marriage customs they have in that country and talk about it together.
National Red Rose Day
- Take a romantic bath together with candles and rose petals.
National Kitchen Klutzes of America Day
- Klutz or no klutz, follow these 5 Tips for a Date Night in the Kitchen for a great date.
National Weed Your Garden Day
- Get outside and weed your garden together.
National Pop Goes the Weasel Day
- Bring back your childhood days and play the good ol’ games like “pop goes the weasel”, “kick the can” or “steal the flag”.
On this day in 1909 Folk singer Burl Ives was born
- Have a movie date and watch a Burl Ives movie.
National Smile Power Day
- Do something unexpected to make your spouse smile.
Nature Photography Day
- Get out into nature somewhere together and take some pictures of each other.
National Fudge Day
- Try making one of these 50 Delicious Fudge Recipes
On this day in 1884 the First roller coaster in America opened
- Go to an amusement park together and ride a roller coaster.
National Apple Strudel Day
- Go to an eat-in bakery, order the Apple Strudel and a cup of coffee to commemoration this holiday together.
On this day in 1885 the Statue of Liberty arrived in New York Harbor
- Let these 100+ date ideas for NYC inspire your own date plans.
National Go Fishing Day
- Go fishing together.
On this day in 1960 Arnold Palmer won the U.S. Open
- Go golfing together.