Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
Quirky Country Music Song Titles Day
- Read this list together and see which one you find funniest: The Best Of The Worst Country-western Song Titles
- Make time to visit your neighbors together. Follow these 9 Old Fashioned Tips for Getting to Know the Folks Next Door
National Something on a Stick Day
- Plan an entire meal together with an appetizer, main course and dessert – all on sticks. Corn dogs, camp fire sausages, cheese cubes, caramel apples, ice cream bars, lollipops, what else can you come up with?
National Black Forest Cake Day
- Black Forest cake originated in the Black Forest region of southern Germany. Enjoy some cake together to celebrate this day or try one of these 3 Easy German-Inspired Date Night Ideas!
National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
- Try to find a husband and wife owned restaurant for your next date. Let them know why you are there.
On this day in 1974 Mariner 10 visits Mercury
- Mercury is the smallest planet in the Solar System and the one closest to the Sun. What is one small thing you can do today to make your spouse’s day brighter? Give a small surprise(spontaneous night out or flowers for no reason). Do a chore unexpectedly and without comment. Share a compliment.
National Take a Walk in the Park Day
- Go for a walk in the park.
On this day in 1974 John Denver has his first #1 hit with “Sunshine On My Shoulders”
- Go for a walk by the water. “Sunshine on the water looks so lovely.”
Eiffel Tower Day
- Sit down together and plan your dream trip to Paris.
Crayola Crayon Day
- Find a coloring book and some crayons and let your inner child out. Coloring is a relaxing way to pass some time together and you can even give your finished masterpiece as a gift to your spouse.
On this day in 1700, English pranksters begin popularizing the annual tradition of April Fools’ Day by playing practical jokes on each other.
- Have fun with one of these 7 dates for celebrating April Fool’s Day
Pillow Fight Day
- Have a pillow fight at bedtime tonight.
On this day in 1513 Ponce de Leon discovers Florida
- Try one of these 12 Unique Date Ideas In Florida. (They are not unique to Florida and you don’t have to go there to do them.)