Here are some calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning.
On this day in 1965, The Temptations went to No.1 on the US singles chart with the Smokey Robinson penned song ‘My Girl’
- Guys, be inspired and send a text, write a note or sing a line to you wife. Ladies feel free to reword and do the same.
“I don’t need no money, fortune or fame
I got all the riches baby, one man can claim
Well, I guess you’d say
What can make me feel this way? My girl!”
- Plan a breakfast date with your spouse. Or surprise your love by serving breakfast in bed.
Peanut Cluster Day
- If your spouse has a sweet tooth, bring home some peanuts smothered in chocolate. Better yet, use this incredibly simple recipe and make some Peanut Clusters at home together – then enjoy!
On this day in 1950 the VW bus, icon of counterculture movement, went into production
Try one of these 6 Awesome Hippie Date Ideas.
- Head out to your neighborhood crab restaurant for a date. Or hit the seafood market, make your purchase, go home and cook one of these 39 Mouth-Watering Crab Recipes. If location allows you could even catch your own crab to cook.
On this day in 1959 Barbie made her debut
- Reminisce with your spouse about the toys you used to play with as a child.
Mario Day – First appearing in Donkey Kong in 1981, Mario soon became not only the mascot for computer giant Nintendo, but also a worldwide sensation
- Don your Mario t-shirts, order in some pizza, get those Nintendo game consoles ready and have some Mario fun together.
World Plumbing Day
- Enjoy the fun side of plumbing. Go to a water park. Have fun in a hot tub. Take a shower together.
Plant a Flower Day
- Go outside and sow some flower seeds in your yard or garden. Too cold, get a flowerpot and do it inside. Go ahead; get your hands dirty together.