Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
On this day in 1931 Empire State Building was dedicated
- Plan a trip to NYC and renew your vows atop the “Cathedral of the Skies”. While you are there take in some of these – TOP TEN ROMANTIC THINGS TO DO AND PLACES IN NEW YORK CITY!
National Chocolate Parfait Day
- Surprise your spouse with a chocolate parfait to celebrate this holiday.
National Mother Goose Day
- Host a Mother Goose Book Club, for just the two of you. Get some Mother Goose books from the library. Snuggle up together at home. Read and reminisce about your first childhood memories of hearing the Mother Goose stories.
National Truffle Day
- Have truffles delivered to your spouse’s workplace.
National Garden Meditation Day
- Visit your local botanical gardens.
National Two Different Colored Shoes Day
- Take the positive risk of wearing two different colored shoes as a unique way to proclaim your appreciation for your “one of a kind” spouse.
On this day in 1929 Audrey Hepburn was born
- Check out these 10 Date Ideas Inspired by the Most Glamorous Old Hollywood Movies.
- Bring home a birdfeeder and set it up where your spouse can enjoy watching the birds.
National Renewal Day
- Make plans to renew your vows together. Check out idostill.com for loads of ideas for how to make it a great experience.
National Star Wars Day
- Plan a Star Wars movie marathon. May the 4th be with you as you do!
On this day in 1979 Peaches and Herb topped the pop charts with “Reunited”
- Have a karaoke night together using Youtube with some great love songs. Start here with Reunited then just have fun with what comes up next.
Cinco de Mayo
- Sign up for salsa or tango lessons ahead of time. Then find a local restaurant or bar where you can hit the Latin dance floor.
On this day in 1954 Roger Bannister, a 25-year-old medical student in Oxford, England, ran the first ever four-minute mile
- Determine to set your very own world record together using this World Record Date from the Dating Divas.
National Crepe Suzette Day
- Go out to a good local French restaurant. Try something new and your meal with Crepe Suzette.
On this day in 1812 the poet Robert Browning was born
- Try reading poetry together. Start with the first stanza of this one by Robert Browning.