Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
National Chocolate Chip Day
- Bake or bring home some chocolate chip cookies for your spouse.
On this day in 1973 Nolan Ryan pitched the first no-hitter
- Go to the batting cages together.
National Love a Tree Day
- Visit an arboretum together. Bring a picnic with you to enjoy in the woods.
On this day in 1929 First Academy Awards ceremony was held
- Plan a movie themed date night. Try one of these 18 Movie Date Nights from the Dating Divas.
Today is World Baking Day and National Cherry Cobbler Day
- Find a cherry cobbler recipe and make it together.
National No Dirty Dishes Day
- Surprise your spouse by doing something unexpected around the house – maybe like doing the dishes.
National Visit Your Relatives Day
- Plan a double date with your in-laws. Ask your in-laws to tell you stories about when your partner was little.
- If you have a journal, review it and share some insights with your spouse. If not, get one and write each other love letters. Use these Marriage Encounter Dialogue Questions to get you started.
National May Ray Day
- Get outside and enjoy the sunshine. Invite friends for BBQ. Have a picnic in the park. Take a trip to the sea-side!
National Be a Millionaire Day
- Talk with each other about what you would do with a million dollar windfall.
National Pick Strawberries Day
- Go pick strawberries together.
National Waitstaff Day
- Go out to eat and use one of these 14 Creative Ways to Tip A Waiter to honor your server.
On this day in 1901 Connecticut enacted the first speed-limit law
- Plan a Go Kart date night or go to the races.