Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
National Maritime Day
- Visit the waterfront. Rent a boat together. Eat at a waterfront restaurant. Take a walk by the seaside. Tour a big ship.
On this day in 1843 a massive wagon train, made up of 1,000 settlers and 1,000 head of cattle, sets off down the Oregon Trail
- Ride a wagon or take a romantic carriage ride together.
National Lucky Penny Day
- Try the “Penny Date” I found on Pinterest. Here is how it works:
- Get dressed to go out and grab a penny.
- Let your spouse choose a number between 10-20. This will be the number of times you flip the penny.
- Pull out of the driveway and begin. Heads is right. Tails is left.
- Every time you come to an intersection, flip the penny and turn the corresponding direction.
- Once you get to the number stop. Look around. Make a date where you are.
On this day in 1701 Captain Kidd the famous pirate walks the plank
- Try this fun and exciting Pirate Adventure Date.
National Scavenger Hunt Day
- Plan and prepare a scavenger hunt for you and your spouse to go on together.
On this day in 1883 the Brooklyn Bridge opens
- Find a historic bridge in your area and go for a walk across it. You can use use historicbridges.org to help find one near you.
National Brown-Bag It Day
- Prepare a lunch for the two of you that fits in two brown bags. Go to a park and eat together sitting on a park bench.
National Tap Dance Day
- Take tap dance lessons together.
On this day in 1975 the Grizzly bear was classified as a “threatened” species
- Attend a Build-A-Bear workshop together and build your own bears.
National Blueberry Cheesecake Day
- Go out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory or similar restaurant to celebrate this holiday with your spouse.
On this day in 1864 the Montana Territory was created
- Check out these 12 Unique Date Ideas in Montana. Let them inspire you to do something similar near you.
National Cellophane Tape Day
- Tape all kinds of little love notes around the house for your spouse to find.
On this day in 1937 the Golden Gate Bridge opened
- Find another historic bridge in your area and go for a walk across it. Use historicbridges.org to help find one near you.
National Hamburger Day
- Take your spouse out to eat at a high end burger joint.
On this day in 1983 Irene Cara’s Flashdance theme song becomes the #1 pop hit
- Don your best 80’s attire and have your own private 80’s dance party together. Check here for ideas.