Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
On this day in 1953 Hillary and Tenzing reached the Everest summit
- Go hiking and climb a mountain.
National Water a Flower Day
- Bring home a potted flower for your spouse. Plant and water it together.
On this day in 1911 the First Indianapolis 500 was held
- Go watch a race together. Better yet, arrange to drive a race car together.
National Macaroon Day
- Bring home some macaroons for your love to enjoy.
On this day in 1859 Big Ben went into operation in London
- Let this list of 101 Romantic Things to do in London inspire your date planning for today.
National Say Something Nice Day
- Be inspired by these 13 Things To Say To Make Your Partner Feel Loved
National Go Barefoot Day
- Try one of these 20 Inexpensive Summer Date Ideas from the Barefoot Hippie Girl
National Rocky Road Day
- Get out or eat in and enjoy a bowl of Rocky Road Ice Cream, some Rocky Road candy, bars, cake or other Rocky Road dessert together with your mate.
On this day in 1935 Babe Ruth retired
- Take your spouse out to a ballgame.
Fish and Chips Day
- Go out for Fish and Chips together
National Repeat Day
- Find a song that expresses how much you love your spouse. Play it on repeat until your spouse asks why.
National Safe Day
- Take a gun safety course together.
On this day in 1876 the Express train crossed the nation in 83 hours
- Be inspired by these 10 Breathtaking U.S. Train Trips Recalling the Golden Era of Rail Travel