Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
On this day in 1945 Victory in Europe Day is celebrated in America and Britain
- Celebrate the small victories in your marriage. Read this to learn why Sharing victories is key to a winning marriage.
National Coconut Cream Pie Day
- Celebrate this day by bringing home a coconut cream pie to share with your spouse.
On this day in 1887 Buffalo Bill’s Wild West show opens
- Let these Wild West Activities inspire a fun date for you and your mate.
National Moscato Day
- Prepare a nice plate of fresh cheeses, grab a bottle of your favorite Moscato, raise your glasses and celebrate today and each other.
On this day in 1869 the Transcontinental railroad was completed
- Plan a romantic getaway by train. Relax and Reconnect with an Affordable Amtrak Couples Weekend Getaway.
National Shrimp Day
- Try making one of these Shrimp Recipes That’ll Make Every Seafood Lover Happy
On this day in 1858 Minnesota entered the Union
- Let The Best Minnesota Date Night Ideas inspire your date planning to celebrate this day.
National Twilight Zone Day
- Try one of these 5 Fun and Frightful Ideas for a Spooky Date Night.
On this day in 1907 actress Katharine Hepburn was born
- Check this list of Katherine’s many films. Pick one and watch it together. Take your movie experience to a new level of intimacy by asking each other some of these discussion questions after watching this (or any) movie.
National Limerick Day
- Quote one of these Love Limericks to your spouse to celebrate this day. Or better yet write your own to share.
On this day in 1607 the Jamestown settlers arrived
- Visit historic Jamestown in Virginia together. Or find a local historically significant place to visit.
National Apple Pie Day
- Bake an apple pie for your love today!
On this day in 1973 Skylab, America’s first space station, was successfully launched into an orbit around the earth
- Visit a planetarium together.
National Archery Day
- Pull out the bow and arrows and go shoot them together.
National Miniature Golf Day
- Enjoy a game of mini golf together to commemorate this day.