And if travel is like love, it is, in the end, mostly because it’s a heightened sense of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end. ~ Pico Iyer
Getting away with your spouse is a great way to invest in your marriage and make your spouse feel super special.
What comes to your mind when you think of a “Romantic Getaway”? Often times it is a grandiose idea that we are not in a position to actually make happen. So instead we do nothing. That is a problem.
Here is a different approach.
Start by making three lists.
First, the easy getaway list. Maybe this list includes some things that are close by or that are free. For example, take a short road trip to a nearby city and see the free sites for the day. Set the bar low on this list. These should be truly easy to do ideas.
Second, the moderate getaway list. Stretch a little bit with this list. Choose options you will need to invest some time and money to make happen. What this list will looks like will depend on your unique situation. Maybe it includes a simple weekend away at a hotel with $100 to spend on activities. With realistic expectations about available time and money, where could you go and what could you do? List a those options.
Third, the hard getaway list. Shoot for the stars on this list. If you were willing to stretch your time and money to the limit, where would you go, what would you do? List some options that are not impossible, but that are on the outside edge of possibility.
Finally, pick a getaway from one of your lists, put it on the calendar and do it!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Ten Random Date (and Micro Date) Ideas to Get Your Creative Juices Flowing:
- Enter yourselves in a dance marathon
- Go for a walk on the beach
- Go sledding
- Go to a night club
- Have a Mexican night
- Make eye contact, lots of eye contact, when dining with your spouse
- Pretend you are tourists in your own town
- Slow dance to romantic music
- Try a new restaurant
- Watch the premier of a new show together
What are you going to put your date calendar this week?
A Little Love Digest:
- “I know that getting away, even for one night, often requires extensive planning. And if you’re the mom of a busy family, it may feel like it requires more energy than you’re willing to give. But trust me, it truly is worth the effort! Whatever stage of life and marriage you’re in, you probably need some “hotel sex.” Here are five ways it can improve your marriage…” CLICK HERE TO KEEP READING 5 Ways “Hotel Sex” Can Improve Your Marriage
- “Once a year, usually in the Fall, my husband and I pack our bags, kiss the kiddies goodbye, and head out into the world all by ourselves for a weekend getaway. No bedtimes, no alarm clocks, no one waking us up in the middle of the night, no set meal times, no responsibility. Just us. Why do we do this? Well the answer is simple. We care about our family. We care about our children. We value our marriage, and…” CLICK HERE TO KEEP READING Strengthen Your Marriage With a Weekend Getaway
- Husbands, this applies to you too. Just substitute “wife” for “husband” as you read. “With the everyday stresses of work, kids and other responsibilities, it can be hard for you and your husband to find time to connect and be romantic. Spending time alone with your husband is crucial to keeping the spark alive in your relationship. An occasional weekend getaway may be just what the two of you need. Surprise your spouse with a getaway that will knock his socks off and have him falling in love with you all over again.” CLICK HERE TO KEEP READING How to Stage a Romantic Weekend Getaway With Your Husband
- Check out this list of 50 romantic rendezvous points to inspire your planning, one in every state in America. CLICK HERE TO READ The Most Romantic Weekend Getaway in Every State