Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
National Gingerbread Day
- Make a gingerbread boy and girl together. Build a gingerbread house for them to live in. Let your imagination have fun.
World Environment Day
- Try one of these 7 Eco-Friendly Date Ideas
National Higher Education Day
- Take a walking tour of a local university campus together.
On this day in 1933 the first drive-in movie theater opened and it is National Drive-In Movie Day
- Go see a drive-in movie together.
National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
- Go out to the ice cream parlor and enjoy some chocolate ice cream together.
On this day in 1976 New York magazine published the story that became Saturday Night Fever
- Groove out to Disco beats at an indoor roller rink. It’s fun, nostalgic, and cheap.
National Best Friends Day
- Go on a double date with another couple that you consider best friends.
National Upsy Daisy Day – The term “up-a-daisy” dates to the early 1700s as an encouragement to a child who has fallen to stand up or as an exclamation upon lifting a child
- Do something together that lifts you up, like ride a Ferris-wheel or fast elevator.
National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day
- Bake a pie for your love, or bring one home to enjoy together. Try Grandma’s Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe.
On this day in 1973 Secretariat wins the Triple Crown
- Plan a date to the horse races. Check this list of Horse Race Tracks to find one near you.
National Ballpoint Pen Day
- Hand-write a love letter to your spouse. Use these 8 Tips for Writing a Love Letter to Your Spouse.
On this day in 1752 Benjamin Franklin flies kite during thunderstorm
- Go fly a kite together.
National Making Life Beautiful Day
- On your next date talk about this list of 10 Ways to Make a Beautiful Life.
National Corn on the Cob Day
- Go on a picnic or plan a barbecue that includes Corn on the Cob.