This is a guest post by Cassie Celestain from www.TrueAgape.com. She is a wife, runner and newlywed blogger. She believes in helping couples through the early stages of marriage by embracing their spouse’s quirks! You can get her updates at Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
The book The 5 Love Languages discusses how people feel love in five different ways. The way you feel loved is most likely not the same way your mate receives love. Therefore, it is important to know our spouse’s “love language” and then love them in that manner. This helps us to ensure that our spouse’s love tank is full at all times!
If you don’t know your spouse’s Love Language you can find out what it is in three different ways. Once we know our mate’s Love Language not only are we to love them in that way but we can start planning and implementing some dates as well!
Here are some date ideas for each Love Language:
Words of Affirmations
- Go for a picnic making sure to tell your spouse about his special qualities that you enjoy
- Watch a love story movie then afterwards compare it to your marriage noting positive things in your relationship
- On a bike ride or walk in the neighborhood talk about and encourage her dreams and goals
- Travel to a local landmark or festival he has wanted to go to
- Go to a game or scrimmage of a local sports team she enjoys
- Play cards or board games at home
Acts of Service
- Cook dinner for him then ask your him how his day was
- Do a DIY home project together that she has wanted to get done
- Tag team the grocery shopping-split the list and make it a game to see who gets done first.
- Spend $5 on each other at a thrift shop or the dollar store
- Create a piece of art for each other at a pottery or mosaic studio
- Take a walk in the woods each choosing something for the other as a keepsake
- Star gaze while wrapped up in a blanket holding each other
- Hold each other’s hands while you ice skate or roller blade
- Create an at home spa for her to enjoy with you as her masseur
These are just some ways to date your spouse using their Love Language. Once you know your mate’s Love Language you can start to make your dates even more special and meaningful!