Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
National Bat Appreciation Day
- Visit a local nature center to learn more about bats.
- Watch a Batman movie together.
National Ellis Island Family History Day
- Visit NYC and take a tour to Ellis Island. Can’t do that? Check this site for the names of any family that may have passed through.
National Haiku Poetry Day
- Write your spouse a Haiku about your love. Here are 10 Tips for how to write a good one.
National Animal Crackers Day
- Make a fun treat for your spouse using one of these Five Things to do With Animal Crackers.
On this day in 1897 the First Boston Marathon was held
- Sign up to run a marathon together and plan your training schedule.
National Amaretto Day
- Share an amaretto treat with your mate.
National Hanging Out Day
- Plan a day to leave your electronics behind and just hang out together
National Look Alike Day
- Dress in matching outfits and go out somewhere.
National Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day
- Make a pineapple upside down cake and eat it together in celebration of this holiday.
National Kindergarten Day
- Work your way through a fun A to Z checklist with your spouse on this creative Kindergarten date night from the Dating Divas!
National Earth Day
- Try one of these Earth Day Date Ideas from the Romantic Vineyard.
National Jelly Bean Day
- Have some fun with jelly beans and each other using the Jelly Bean Date Night tips from the Dating Divas.
National Picnic Day
- Plan a special picnic for you and your spouse. Use these Romantic Picnic Ideas to help you plan.
National Talk Like Shakespeare Day
- Review these Top 50 Love Quotes from Shakespeare. Put on your best accent and let your lover hear your soul speak.