Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
National Pigs in a Blanket Day
- To celebrate this day wrap hot dogs in croissant dough, bake them and surprise your spouse with them as an appetizer or breakfast.
On this day in 1962 Patti LaBelle made her debut on the pop charts
National Telephone Day
- Give your spouse a surprise phone call just to share how much you love him/her.
National Zucchini Bread Day
- Try baking up one of The Best Zucchini Bread Recipes from Food and Wine Magazine.
National Audubon Day
- Go bird watching together to commemorate the birth of John James Aududon (April 26, 1785), the French-American ornithologist, naturalist, and painter.
National Babe Ruth Day
- Go to a baseball game together.
National Prime Rib Day
- Take your spouse out to eat at a steak house to celebrate.
National Blueberry Pie Day
- Go blueberry picking together. Bake your mate a blueberry pie or buy one to celebrate this day together.
National Great Poetry Reading Day
- Find a local poetry reading event and attend together. Check poets.org to find events near you.
On this day in 1986 Roger Clemens strikes out 20 batters in single game
- Go to a batting cage together.
National Honesty Day
- Take time to share honestly with your spouse your answers to these 36 Questions to Bring You Closer Together.