Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
National Beautician’s Day
- Make a joint appointment to get your hair styled together. Or how about getting manicures and pedicures together?
National Chocolate Pudding Day
- Treat your sweetie to a chocolate pudding bath. Use a gallon of chocolate syrup, a gallon of milk and dilute with steaming hot water. Add some rose petals, candles, champagne and a few truffles on the side to feed your sweetie with.
National Orange Blossom Day
- Be inspired by these 50 Orange County Date Ideas, or surprise your love with a bouquet of orange flowers.
National Sunglasses Day
- Put on your sunglasses and try one of these 50 Best Summer Date Ideas.
National Paul Bunyan Day
- Go for a walk in the woods and make up tall tales together.
On this day in 1928 Louis Armstrong recorded “West End Blues”
- Take your love to a Jazz concert.
National Camera Day
- Grab your camera and go on a Photo Scavenger Hunt Date.
National Waffle Iron Day
- Plan a breakfast date.
National Meteor Watch Day
- Go stargazing together. Use this Astronomy Calendar to find some special celestial events to see.
On this day in 1936 Gone with the Wind was published
- Watch the epic movie together.
National U.S. Postage Stamp Day
- Hand write a love letter to your spouse and mail it to him or her as a surprise.
National Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day
- Go out for ice cream together. Try something you never have before. See if you can create your own new flavor.
National Anisette Day
- Celebrate this day with your mate by mixing some anisette into a favorite drink to share. Or, make traditional Italian anisette cookies
On this day in 1839 Mutiny occurred on the Amistad slave ship, in 1997 Men in Black premiered and in 1977 “Gonna Fly Now (Theme From ‘Rocky’)” was the #1 song on the U.S. pop charts
- Depending on your spouse’s mood and movie preferences, rent and watch Amistad, Men in Black or Rocky to watch together.