Let these calendar based date (and microdate) ideas to help inspire your date planning for the week.
International Day of Happiness
- Volunteer together – Dedicate a day to helping others – it’s scientifically proven to boost your happiness!
Spring Begins Today
- Try one of these 10 Springtime Date Ideas for You and Your Spouse.
National Fragrance Day
- Surprise your spouse with a gift of his or her favorite fragrance. Or get them something new. Check out this brief guide on what factors to consider when buying a perfume for the special person in your life: How to Buy a Perfume for your Partner – Buying Tips
French Bread Day
- Try one of these 10 Classic French Recipes for Date Night. Don’t forget the bread!
On this day in 1908 American Frontier Storyteller Louis L’Amour was born
- Try this Wild West Date Night Idea from the Dating Divas.
National Goof Off Day
- Instead of just perusing the stacks at the bookstore bring post-it notes and pens. With them, leave notes in your favorite books explaining why someone should buy it, or a special experience you had relating to the book.
- Play hide-and-seek in a favorite public place.
On this day in 1806 explorers Lewis and Clark leave the west coast behind to begin their return trip home
- Go forth and explore! Take a road trip somewhere you have never been before. Explore eateries and local activities. Using an APP like Roadtrippers can be helpful.
On this day in 1958 Elvis Presley is inducted into the U.S. Army
- Take turns with your spouse completing this Elvis Trivia Quiz and see who does better.
Chocolate Covered Raisins Day – the most famous of chocolate covered raisins, Raisinets, were first made in 1927 and a box sold in movie theaters for a nickel.
- Celebrate the day with a box or bag of this sweet treat, and maybe a movie too!
The Day of the Downfall of Sauron (National Tolkein Reading Day)
- Have dinner at the Prancing Pony and follow up with a movie marathon. Don’t forget the Lemba Bread! Use these fantastic ideas for a fun Lord of the Rings Date Night.
National Spinach Day
- Try one of these Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Spinach